Our SAAGNY team, Michael Reisbaum, Rick Brenner, Michele Jennrich, and Brian Deissroth, represented SAAGNY in Washington D.C. at Legislative Education and Action Day (L.E.A.D.) for the past two days. They participated in L.E.A.D. which delivers the promotional products industry's message to Capitol Hill. Over 70 representatives from PPAI, SAAGNY, and other regionals participated in more than 300 meetings with Congressional officials.
The talking points for these meetings included:
- Tax Reform and its Impact on Small Business
- Role of Independent Contractors Within the Promotional Products Industry
- Effective Use of Promotional Products
- Global Value Chains - Adding a human face to the Promotional Products Industry by Explaining to Congress that even though many of our industry's products are imported, once these products are brought to the U.S. they are decorated and sold by American workers, and used to promote American goods and services
- Creating Awareness and Support of the Promotional Products Industry
Each year, industry professionals travel to Washington D.C. to educate members of Congress and their legislative staff about the effectiveness of promotional products and the strength of our $24 billion industry that employs nearly half a million Americans.
This participation is vital to the preservation and growth of our industry. While we know not everyone can participate in Washington D.C., you can support the efforts of L.E.A.D. by reaching out to your elected officials that will support L.E.A.D.’s efforts in D.C. Please click here for further information on how to reach your legislative official.